Friday 13 August 2021

Why I’m changing up my shop Tilly Tilda

 



This is a Painting I painted after my Father passed, last September. It’s called Stella Maris ‘Star of the Sea’ It’s of Our Lady, the navigator of the waves, the handmaiden of The Lord. The bearer of The True Light, The Light of the world: Jesus.

What I’m about to write may sound strange or even offensive to some readers. All I can say is that I sincerely mean to only give my own experience and perspective on this. I feel called to write this. I pray these words will only be life giving and not stir up anger.

My perspective has changed over the years, especially in the last two years.

I had a very profound spiritual experience two years ago which I believe was God trying to prepare my heart and soul for the death of my Father. I also believe He was trying to wake me up spiritually and set me back on the right path, a path from which I’d wandered ideologically and as a result physically. Our beliefs are important, they inform our thoughts, habits and behaviours, they provide a framework for our actions.

I have wrestled with the topic I’m going to discuss over the years, even up to very recently. 

Over the past few years, my daughters have shown interest and ability in handcrafts and I have been keen to pass these skills along and include them in my shop.

So now some context for what I’m about to write. I grew up with a belief in fairies. It was very innocent. My mother used to write letters with teeny handwriting and leave them by my bedside with little gifts. She meant no harm. She meant only to delight my childish imagination. One day I wrote back to the fairies saying that I would stay up that night so that I could meet them when they delivered their letter. I went to sleep but woke up very soon after filled with a fear and dread I couldn’t describe and seemed so far from the fun and sweet, delicate ideas I had of the fairy realm. I ripped my letter into little bits and never made such a request again, begging my mother to tell the fairies I didn’t want any more correspondence.

So to the point of this post. I had a dream last night. The gist of it was,  I went into a cathedral with a friend. There was no tabernacle but I still genuflected. Jesus is everywhere, my friend said. Before taking my pew, I went to the toilet. The back of the church seemed to have been turned into some kind of gothic nightclub. In the toilets were a group of  young women dressed in modern gothic attire with strange cross like symbols on their heads and arms. These symbols didn’t look like the Christian cross, they had embellishments that looked like tendrils almost like something from nature and paganism. One girl seemed distressed. I reached out to her and looked in her eyes and told her that I used to come to places like this. I thought they were harmless, fun, escapism. I thought they would be a place of solace and friendship in a harsh, utilitarian, secularised world. But they were in fact, a doorway into a dangerous place spiritually. That it was a false way. The girl began crying but the other girls became angry and grabbed her and tried to pull her back. I woke up and felt really shaken as if there was a message there that needed to be shared.

These days we make light of magic, fairies, witches and all the paraphernalia  of divination and occultism.

In the old days fairies were seen as malevolent and feared by the ordinary folk. These days children’s books, movies, games and fashions are saturated in occult imagery.

Things I once thought of as harmless fun I now see in their true light. These things are spiritually dangerous. Though attractive at first glance and perhaps even seductive, they can become doorways into realms you really don’t want to open.

 Deuteronomy 18:9-14

“When you enter the land which the Lord your God gives you, you shall not learn to imitate the detestable things of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, one who uses divination, one who practices witchcraft, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, or one who casts a spell, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead.

I have come to a place now where I just can’t reconcile this with some of the items I’ve had up for sale at my Etsy shop Tilly Tilda. When I made and sold these items my eyes were not open to the danger of these unseen worlds and entities. Now they are I’ve decided to distance myself completely from anything referencing fairies, magic or other occult things. So I’ve put my shop on holiday mode for the time being and will in the future only be selling such as knitting patterns, and other items that are not related in any way to magical realms etc.. In the  meantime you are very welcome to pop over to my new shop Plain Pearl.

If you are reading this and thinking it’s all a bit extreme. I can totally understand why you’d think that. The world we live in normalises, promotes and celebrates things that are harmful to the human soul but it’s a ‘reality’ I can’t buy into anymore. 

Isaiah 5:20 says: Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! 21 Woe unto them that are awise in their own eyes, and cprudent in their own sight!

I used to believe in my own self knowledge but it led me to the edge of a cliff. Now I trust that God knows better than I.

I have seen something beyond compare to the world and all it’s fake, costume jewellery. I’ve seen a glimpse of something beautiful, pure and life giving. I want to dedicate my life to that. 

Jesus says in John 15 :: NIV. "I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 


As a I a side note, I just wanted to include this amazing testimony by the beautiful and lovely Sister Emmanuelle Maillard.

She also used to be into the occult and astrology ( as was I ) I even used to draw up charts! So I’m not here to judge just pass on my own experience and the experience and wisdom of others who know better than I.

And here is a link to my own story about coming out of the new age.


2 comments:

  1. Our beliefs clearly diverge here, faeries and magic being at the root of much of what I create in the world ;), that said, I respect and honour your choices and beliefs. We must all walk the path that offers us peace. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. :) I am friends with people of many various beliefs. My faith is such a big part of my life sometimes I feel I need to share some of that journey here. Wishing you peace and blessings on your journey. xx

      Delete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx