When we are alone on a starlit night, when by chance we see the migrating birds in autumn descending on a grove of junipers to rest and eat;
when we see children in a moment when they are really children, when we know love in our own hearts;
or when, like the Japanese poet, Basho, we hear an old frog land in a quiet pond with a solitary splash
- at such times the awakening, the turning inside out of all values, the "newness," the emptiness and the purity of vision that make themselves evident, all these provide a glimpse of the cosmic dance. ~Thomas Merton
Joining Ann today for Multitudes on Monday...
Grasping, seeking, groping in the dark, wading in and embracing the thanks in the glimpses of beauty that mosaics our simple ordinary days. A place where we may glimpse a piece of the "cosmic dance" that flourishes around, about and through us.
* Matilda wobbling on the kitchen stool as she hangs her dollies washing upon the line.
* Chilling on the bed together yesterday doing "nothing in particular" wonderful.
* Seraphina making a paper door with a letter box and lots of post so she could spend the morning being a postman and delivering us all beautiful,colourful letters!
* Boo's excitement and enthusiasm over almost anything and everything.
*Morning sunlight on Spring flowers.
* Learning to depend more on God again, as my ability to "do" everything deteriorates as my pregnant tummy grows.
* Poetry books. ... that illuminate the eyes to see the soul a little clearer.
* Some blog beauty.