Monday 1 June 2015

An Outfit for Nola

                                                                                                           



 I knitted a couple of these vests last year and found them fun and quick to make so I decided to knit Nola one this past week in a lovely mottled, blue aran. It is scottish lambswool and soft as a cloud.


A pair of my linen trousers were beginning to wear at the leg so I refashioned them  for Nola by tracing round a pair of her jeans and leaving a generous seam allowance. There are so many tutorials for this online. Here is one I just found.


A simple peasant blouse with lace trim.


Wrapping dolls for my shop.



10 comments:

  1. She is just adorable!
    And how talented you are to take a pair of your pants and resize them, wow!
    I am going to attempt to sew myself a frock, fingers crossed since sewing is
    not a skill I was blessed with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, she is just adorable! And she looks beautiful in her thoughtfully made with love clothes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures here are lovely. How wonderful that you were able to make a pair of pants for your daughter out of your own. She looks so sweet modeling the things you have made. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit. Your attention to detail is terrific. I love the added touch of the lace trim on the bottom of the peasant blouse...just peeking out past the vest. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely outfit and such artistic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a sweet outfit! She looks absolutely adorable - and comfy too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's just beautiful. The entire outfit and the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The whole outfit is just gorgeous! Love it. You are so clever. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my goodness! What a darling outfit! I am pinning several of those links on pinterest. I dream of sewing more for my girls but it's depending a little on my decluttering journey the next month so I can dig my sewing desk out from clutter! Ha! I love that vest, it's really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous outfit. I love all of it.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx