Monday 20 August 2012

Weekending

Weekending with Amanda @ Habit of Being... 
 

Untitled

Saturday morning ...

Lie in, writing time, reading time. Thank you husband :)

He even brought home lunch.
Sandwiches and cream cakes from the baker...
My raw diet is more of a 50 - 50 thing now :)
Trying to get it back more to a 70 -30 kind of thing... but oh how I need a chocolate eclair once in a while :)
Although I want to be as healthy as I can I think flexibility is key to making it a long term thing.

Flexibility = Eclairs.

Untitled

Saturday afternoon:

 Local Food Fair... Highlights: The Risby Grange Lincoln Longwools stand and a bag of "Fleece in the Grease" which I am really excited about washing - carding and plant dying.

I am for real.

Untitled

Boo's highlight was interacting with hand reared owls and talking at length about birds with the Falconry people.

 Untitled

Boo often sleep talks about her birds.
Last night she half woke up and said "Wait, I've got to catch Lemon before I go to sleep."
(Lemon is the name of her imaginary bird :)
I love my bird obsessed Boo.

 Untitled

Sunday morning:

Church: A lovely lady with her newborn sitting next to me and all the intense, beautiful, joyful, overwhelming feelings that come with that.
He was so quiet lying in his pram but she couldn't resist picking him up anyway.

 I remember that feeling clear as day.

He began to fuss a little and I just wanted to know her well enough to say I'll have him for a minute, you just rest a while, but we don't live in that kind of a culture and their are these invisible barriers :(

 I smiled, she smiled, there was a goodness there. You know, the Mama to Mama look :)

Then he calmed right down and I breathed in all that sacred newborn energy.

For they do bring a little piece of heaven down with them.


Sunday afternoon: 

Hot and humid. The sky was dark with thunder clouds, the atmosphere heavy and damp.

We chose this moment to do garden jobs.

They were overdue.

This Mama felt grumpy.

Took the girls to a local playground where everyone got a little overcome with the humidity.

As soon as we piled out of the car the biggest rain drops started to fall from the heavy sky.

The moment felt cathartic.

We got properly wet but stayed outside through the storm. Beautiful!



 Untitled

A lovely elderly couple walked by us on Saturday...

Swoon...

 They were all dressed up, the gentleman was even carrying a shooting stick.

They linked arms as they strolled to admire the gardens.

I could not resist taking a quick photo.

This will be us one day I sigh to my casual clothes loving husband.




8 comments:

  1. I think you're doing very well with your diet and you're right, everyone needs an eclair once in a while. I broke down yesterday and ate garlic bread, it was so very good, but today I can feel it's effects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a wonderful weekend! That couple is so darling! This mama was grumpy yesterday too... I think it's a stressful time for us, so I'm taking it slow this week. I'm glad you found peace at the park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend sounds magical, especially the rain, the baby (oh sweet newborns, I get it), and the sweet elderly couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know just what you mean about that baby in church. I have often felt the same way.

    A lovely post, Suzy. A wee peek into your life. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Come over and visit me whenever you get a chance! :)

    Beautiful photos! Seems like it was a lovely weekend!

    xoxo ♥ Shar
    http://sharmartinez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh suzy, all of this, so beautiful. and musical beds? yup, i know that routine oh. so. well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree and that greenery...so beautiful and peaceful! Thank you for sharing!
    Just became a follower of your blog. Do visit me when you get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. new GFC follower. cute blog, friend. found u thru the naptime review GFC follower hop deal!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx