Friday 3 August 2012

5 minute Friday (Here)

Five Minute Friday

No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation.
Unscripted. Unedited. Real. 
Writing for 5 minutes only.
Go....

Here


Here.

We are.

I am.

Here is all I've got!

What am I to do with here?

Lot's of here's turn into a life. A "there"

"There"  seems so big and
outside of me.

"Here" seems so small and
inside me.

Almost insignificant.

Almost.

But it is the small here that make the big life. "there"

How shall I spend mine?

How do I spend mine?

Trying to keep inspired by online images and words?

Till that still, small voice says,

enough,

time to leave all this noise now, go back to those silent
Dog eared poetry and prayer books.

Music.

And then the kind of living that sieves dirt through fingers.

Real stuff.

Like cooking. There's

Preparation, heating the oven, choosing those few good, healthy ingredients.

Then there's the Mixing, Warming, Serving.

Each moment a mouthful.

Nourishing real life.


5 comments:

  1. Beautiful...I identified with this: "There" seems so big and
    outside of me.
    "Here" seems so small and
    inside me.

    Love this: "Each moment a mouthful.
    Nourishing the bigger life."
    You summed it up in a lovely way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It takes a great deal of self-control to close the lid on the laptop and participate in the here and now. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, honest, poetic words here. Great post. Yes, yes, how i know that challenge to be right here in the moment living in the what's around you, fully. Love this. Its so nice to meet you. I am visiting from Lisa-Jo's. Blessings on your journey to live fully in the moment. I will try to join you there, in the right here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, Miss Soulful Life, we're going to be great friend... I can tell already! Why? Because anyone who pays homage to Mr. Rogers on their site is someone I want to know. Isn't he the greatest?! I work in Early Childhood and he is without a doubt my biggest inspiration.

    Enough about the brilliant-sweatered man... I loved your post. And your site. I'll definitely by visiting again soon. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes Mister Rogers is the greatest :)
    Lovely to meet you Jessica :)

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx