sunlight, lakeside, collecting tadpoles and pond weed in jars.
Finding our blackbird nest abandoned, hoping the babies fledged early.
Watching baby rabbits gather close to our picnic, and staying still and quiet enough to watch them play.
Feeding a crushed cream cake from the bakery to a wild brown duck by hand. Fina crying because she scared "Mr. Mallard" away with her squealing delight.
Tricks that keep a teething babe from tears.
Daddy always knows the best ones.
Emmy, growing up. So.Fast.
Tree climbers that scramble so high, sometimes, I feel giddy.
These two are becoming quite the comedy duo. They stick together like glue despite the age gap.
More weekending highlights...
- The scramble for tutu's, bolero's hair nets and elusive hair pins before ballet.
- The silence that pools when the door closes and I know they are in the safe and capable hands of their Daddy.
- The joy of stitching and knitting in the calm and gentle waters of that silence.
- Lunch bought from the bakery.
- Floury crumbs all over the floor as baby digs in too. She eats everything at the moment so long as she is given the chance to dig into it herself and make a mighty happy mess.
- A poor, sad, squirmy, teething girlie that needs lots of attention both day and night at the moment.
- This post.
- Playing in sunlight after weeks of rain.
- The shimmering greenness of the grass.
- The sticks, stones, grass and feathers that little one seems so fascinated with.
- Buying organic rhubarb, wild rocket, and courgette seeds to sow into our little veggie patch.