Sunday 18 July 2010

Finding God in both the High and the Humble places

Walking...
Seeking...
Climbing
Reaching...
Grace.

Peace.

"The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places."
Habakkuk 3:19

  • Standing still in the silent wonder of Creation's beauty
  • Cradling the warm body of a little one unwell
  • Holding fast too the Hem of His garment when I stumble
  • Sacrificing outward appearance for inner truth
  • His love washing over me in my brokenness
  • Sunlight sparkling on little ones toes and hair and fingers and dress
  • Knowing I am using His Hands to serve in all the hard and humble work
  • The quiet stillness at the end of a day spent well
  • Green fresh grass between my toes
  • Candlelight and my girl on the piano
  • Yellow roses
  • Learning how to live for Him and allow Him to live in me
  • Becoming smaller
  • Gentleness
  • Kindness
  • Fresh produce from the garden
  • Driving through the country with the window down
  • Soul connections
  • Eating ice creams I loved as a little girl
  • Snuggling in under the covers with little ones
  • Following the footsteps of the good Shepherd, whether to the high or the humble places, for both are equally Holy.

4 comments:

  1. I love your pictures! Refreshing! Yes, refreshing! I think that describes them best. Thank you! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel grace here. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one of my favorite verses ...great photos!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx