Friday 2 July 2010

I see Children as Kites




"I see children as kites....
You run with them until you're both breathless....

You watch them lifted by the wind and assure them that someday they'll fly...
 
They need more string and you keep letting it out. But with each twist of the ball of twine, there is a sadness that goes with the joy.

The kite becomes more distant, and you know it won't be long
before that beautiful creature will snap the lifeline that binds
you together and will soar as it is meant to soar,
free and alone. Only then
do you know that your job is done."

Excerpts of a Poem called "Kites" by Erma Bombeck


2 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Suzy. You never fail to leave this girl with a smile on her face. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful and true post. Thanks for sharing this with us. I know the day of cutting the apron strings is much closer than I would like to admit. BTW if you have a second can you pop over and check out my latest post? I desperately need some feedback on my most recent project @ forloveofmyoceans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx