Tuesday 21 July 2009

Precious Moments




"Life is not measured by the breaths we take,
but by the moments that take our breath."


May every moment inhale life deeply.

Take the time to stop and stare and watch clouds fray the edges of the horizon.


Over spill with the wonder

and beauty of each single, stilled, second.

Silenced by the fragile, bare branches of winter trees engraving, the distant evening sky.


Painting patterns over the tidy white spaces,

Turning the prose of life into poetry.
Hearing a song in the silence.

Dancing beneath the falling leaves.


The way my little ones hair curls around her ear.

The imperfect stitches of a homemade gift.

The warmth of a coat on a cold winter day.

Bubble-bath footprints whispering softly on the carpet.

A child to small to speak holding her hands in prayer.

The curled pages of a well loved book.

A baby smiling in her sleep :0)


Let me remember to unwrap every moment like the precious gift it is

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx