Monday, 22 December 2014

Christmas Market and Wintry Days

After an especially eventful couple of months Christmas shopping had been left to the very last minute.
We tend to keep Christmas as simple as possible anyway and last minute is our specialty.



With five girls gifts are small but meaningful and often handmade.
We thought Christmas market would be the perfect place to find something unique and special.

The pictures are from Nottingham Christmas Market.

The city centre was choc-a-bloc with colourful stalls, an outdoor skating rink, mulled wine, roast chestnuts, fair ground rides and twinkly lights.

 

Yes, we got one piece of each.






 The market square was busy but not frantic. People happily milled about browsing Christmas fare.

 

Right in the middle of all the hustle and bustle was this beautiful crib scene.
A corner of stillness and hush.







 

Preparing wares for our own local Christmas Market.


 
 

Evenings lit by fairy lights, fire light and candles.




Delicious owl cookies made by a dear friend.
With almond flakes for ears and beak and chocolate buttons for eyes they were almost too sweet to eat.
Almost.


Evening carols and a church lit by candles.


Morning practice and stark winter sunlight.


Salt and glitter snow scenes


...and paper chains...



Scruffy animals cosying up on the bed.


Rainy afternoons and candle light embers.


Excited...


Waiting...


Photo credits Officially Emmy

7 comments:

  1. Goodness, so much beauty in your photos. It looks like life is good, and it being well enjoyed. The Christmas market looks wonderful, and your booth of crafty goodies, looks great! Happy holidays to you and your family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how beautiful and peaceful your photos always are Suzy. Hope you and your lovely family have such a wonderful Christmas! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such as delightful way to spend the day!!! Lovely photos and the beauty of the family shows through! Merriest of Christmases to you!! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful market and lovely photos. Happy holiday week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to see you blog back Suzy, I just rediscovered it and it is the best Christmas Present for Jess and I who just love your blog - it nurtures our souls and we have missed it so much. I imagine you and your lovely family have had a wonderful Christmas....best wishes for 2015 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been offline over the holidays and only just read your beautiful message. Thank you so much! Your words deeply touched me. I can't imagine a more lovely compliment. I am so glad that my little place in the corner of the internet has offered you peace. That means so much to me :) Wishing you a joyful new year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Can't wait to read about it.

    -Living Chemical Free

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx