Wednesday, 28 August 2013

Yarn Along, Keep Cam Craft on & Creative Friday

Linking Small Things, Frontier Dreams and Natural Suburbia today to share the weeks creativity :) 

Knitting wise I've been making more little doll clothes!
Namely a crocheted bodice and a wee pair of knickers for this little lady :)







Reading wise, I have really been enjoying reading the Alfie and Annie Rose stories to the girls. 
We have a tent pitched out in the garden and it is a perfect place to read and afternoon away. Sometimes I just like to sit there looking at the blue sky and listening to the rustling of the sycamore and and play of the children, especially Nola who is constantly getting under my planters and tubs in search of snails and worms :)

 There is something so special about Shirley Hughes's illustrations... They are realistic yet they also bring out the magic of real and ordinary moments. I love her characterization of people too.
 The way a little boys legs bend as he searches a jumble sale stall for a toy or the way Annie Rose goes on tip toe to reach her big brother. She really captures the small moments of childhood so beautifully.



9 comments:

  1. I love your Waldorf dolls! This one is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzy, your dolls are amazing. I really love how you add details from their hairclips down to their bloomers, you can tell it's a labor of love. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bloomers! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your reading! I didn't know about Shirley Hughes, but I have an almost 4 yo boy and an almost 1 yo girl, and those stories look perfect for them! I have just ordered two collections and I'm looking forward to introducing them to my little "big brother".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dolls, so glad we are having a girl in December :) We love the Alfie and Annie Rose stories too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dimples... the fuzzy hair *swoon*

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx