Wednesday, 24 July 2013

Yarn Along {Tansy Foxglove}

 

Knitting


Warning: This post is VERY picture heavy :)
I'm afraid I just had a little too much fun photographing my new little doll. She is very playful and has been running about in the garden all day. I've been on my toes trying to keep her out of the puddles and the flowerbeds I can tell you!







Reading

As for reading, I've been enjoying reading the Hobbit with Matilda and Boo before bed. I remember being enthralled and enchanted by it as a child and it's magic hasn't worn off!
It is a nice way to spend a half and hour or so on a gentle Summer evening. 

There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

  Saruman believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit 

 May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.
J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

Sharing with Yarn Along & Creative Friday 

10 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful suzy! You never cease to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely doll and I love her clothes, also!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wauw I really love the doll!! Very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shes lovly, i dont suppose you've posted these patterns anywhere, have you? and im yet to find them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I'm afraid I haven't written up the patterns for sale. I do have some other knitting patterns in my shop though!

      Delete
  5. Suzy, she is breathtaking! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous doll - I'm not surprised you wanted to take so many pictures. Beautiful handwork :o)

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx