Friday 20 July 2012

What is Enough ? {5 Minute Friday}


Five Minute Friday Joining Lisa Jo for 5 minute Friday today...

One word - Five minutes - write - stop.


Enough.

What is enough?

I think of a day when I sat with my friend on the concrete street and enough was a strangers smile, a free cigarette and change for a three day old reduced price sandwich.

But that lingering empty hollow that went deeper than my belly kept telling me I was still hungry.
And I always wondered when the sun would smile it's warmth again.

And now, small house, squeezed tight with love. Are you enough?

So full with imperfection that refuses to straighten up into perfection. And a life that has no time to iron out creases.

How my pride gets buried under the knowing that I'm not enough.

And that is a perfectly small place.

Small enough to fit the palm of my hand.

Like a piece of pounded sea glass, polished smooth.

Small enough to smile at a stranger without feeling afraid.

Small enough to be brimming with the simplest of things.

And big enough to hold just enough bread for the day.

1 comment:

  1. i love this suzy.


    **So full with imperfection that refuses to straighten up into perfection.
    And a life that has no time to iron out creases.**
    i know this life too, and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx