Sunday, 20 May 2012

Arts, Crafts and Imaginative Play


<span class=

Saturday was quiet and homey. There is something about gray, drizzly days that bring on all things cozy and crafty.

<span class=

<span class=

origami lessons

<span class=

origami pinwheels

<span class=

I love the way the girls seem to work out so much of what is going on for them emotionally in their drawings and play.
 Time to play and quiet times to simply think about stuff is such an essential thing for both little people...and big people alike.

<span class=

<span class=
We've been plant dying some roving and spinning it up on the drop spindle.
I love watching the rainbow of colours entwine and mix and merge as the twist into strands of yarn between my fingers.
Mesmerizing stuff.

<span class=

<span class=

cards

And then there are these little bootees that I cast on today for a little person due anytime now.

No, not mine :) I got you thinking though didn't I :)

<span class=

7 comments:

  1. what a lovely weekend - did you ever get to sit and have your tea in silence? : ) one day... we have the haba animal yahtzee game in your pictures - i just got it and played it with ezra yesterday. am hoping that time and maturity will also teach my very competitive boy (have no idea where this comes from) that games and races can be fun for the fun of playing and we mustn't always win. whew... he played by his rules and i played by the game instructions. i relented and accepted that he was learning a lot instead of letting his tears progress into a larger tantrum. must go..... little one crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need your Emmy here to help me make a few roses. My brain just does not 'work' when it comes to reading those types of instructions [or for anything dealing with fractions, but that is another topic]. You and your family are always doing the most amazing projects Suzy and I must say you inspire me!
    I hope you were able to sit and drink your tea sometime today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the roses are lovely. thank you so much for sharing the link.
    i tend to have problems with written instuctions but if i see something i like, i can often work out how it is put together or made. my daughter is the same.
    you have such a sweet family and good for clever young fi, wanting to keep up with her sisters and doing such a good job of it.
    i noticed the beautiful harp on your craft table, you have a very pretty and well cared for home.

    warmest blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful wonderful weekend. I must make some roses soon... I think my mantel needs them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, those paper roses are gorgeous. I'm impressed with your little one who can figure out the patterns so easily, I have trouble with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those roses will be a big hit here. My 7yr old has been loving origami lately. We have run out of paper. Such a profound picture and tale as well. Looks like a very good day indoors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paper flowers, so pretty! Your weekend sounds lovely and relaxing :) love the story about the three girls, imagination at work! love the packet of fairy tale cards!

    ReplyDelete

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx