Friday 7 May 2010

Cosy reading on a grey day.



We've really been enjoying this book.
It is so magical, and so, so beautifully written. A really compelling story, so unlike many modern story books for children today. None of us wanted to put this lovely old book back up on the shelf.
Afterward Emmy starting studying chivalry, the troubadours and medieval lore.
I still wonder with joy at how natural learning can be, how fluid and how deep and human.
Slowing down on grey days with warm drinks in hand a bed full of pillows, candle light and an old story book....
Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx