Tuesday 21 July 2009

Papier Mache Rainbow Bowl

We had fun making this pretty and useful little bowl today using papier mache.

First we lined a pudding bowl with clingfilm


Then we painted on layers of PVA glue and torn pieces of newspaper. We painted on about 6 layers in total.


On the last layer I tucked in all the edges to leave a neat finish. However, the edges could be left raw and whimsical if desired :)


After a final coat of PVA we left the bowl to dry for a day or two.


Before painting it happy with a rainbow of colours. We used simple child's poster paints.
You could add another layer of PVA to seal and "varnish" if you want but I quite liked the matt finish.


A special place for your child to put their little treasures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I treasure each and every one of your comments.
Your kind words never fail to bring a smile to my face:)
At the moment I am going through a busy season of life with 5 girls under my wing! I may not always be able to respond immediately but please know that every word left here is read and appreciated deeply.
xx